Spring Hill, KS asked in Criminal Law for Kansas

Q: How do you get a criminal record expunged from another state in the state of Kansas?

I have a felony for a Class D non persons felony. It was in 2008 that I went to prison and was out in 2010. I would like to get this off my record so that I may gain employment at a job to support my family. I used to be a CNA and I would like to go back to that job, but can't until this is off my record. Any help that I could get would be much needed and helpful.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • South Bend, IN

A: If you want a conviction record expunged, you must do so in the state of conviction. Your home state does not have jurisdiction over expungement of convictions in other states.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.