Ormond Beach, FL asked in Child Custody for Florida

Q: Child given to father that has never raised her from mother and sister who have always been with her. Help she is so sca

SCARED. The judge said in florida its 50 50 then she found out the mom was a lesbian and even dcf was shocked that the father got her. We see her 2nights every 12 days and 3 hrs during the week they live in another town AND WE HAVE TO GO THERE. He makes more money and is abusive verbally and even the lawyers couldn't believe this happened to the child. Please help. She has been separated from her 18 month old sister and mother and grandmother who she has never been away from more than a day or two. The child is 6 and was conceived when the father was cheating on his now wife with me who didn't know he had a girlfriend . he uS never wanted her AND NEVER PAID CHILDSUPPORT AND NOW THE WOMEN who cheated on is the one at home with her

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Arthur Smitten
John Arthur Smitten
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Hire a lawyer to represent you in the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.