Centre, AL asked in Child Custody for Georgia

Q: My ex has custody of my 15 year old son,who refuses to visit, I do have visition. Is therea way to have him order to.?

I raised him till he was 13,got divorced. Had joint custody. Lost job,and,homemoved in with sister. Then ex filled for custody. Went to court,supposed to got joint custody. When I received the papers they were not changed. Can not afford a lawyer.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Samantha A Holloway
Samantha A Holloway
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: A judge will consider the wishes of a child over the age of 14 as it relates to custody. If you received papers from the court, you should contact the clerks office to determine if there is an upcoming court date. You can find information online at georgia legal services's website about modification of custody and/or visitation. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.