Harrisburg, PA asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Trademark for Pennsylvania

Q: I want to start selling private label Hot sauce and salsa. I want to use my last name with the word salsa or hot sauce

" Last Name" Hot sauce or salsa. Do I need to get this trademarked to sell? Or I'm I allowed to start selling this online since its my last name and the word Salsa or Hot sauce.

Thank You

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Log In to your account.
  • Trademarks Lawyer
  • Plymouth Meeting, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You do not need to have a trademark to sell. However, the federal trademark does protect the name so others cannot come in and copy it. I would also recommend that you copyright your recipe for the sauce. Good luck!