Philadelphia, PA asked in Immigration Law for Kentucky

Q: Hello , I am an alien i have a asylum pending case , and an approved I-130 application , what should I do? Thankfully

Asylum case pending for 4 years now (didn't have any interview yet) . Should I close my asylum case (NB: I got my EAD of 2 years from it, is it gonna affect my work permit ?) and focus on my adjustment of status . Or let my asylum pending til I get my GC

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL

A: Depending on who filed the i-130 for you, you can dismiss your asylum case and file an adjustment of status. My suggestion is that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney before you make a decision.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.