Bethlehem, PA asked in Wrongful Death for Pennsylvania

Q: My brother died due to negligence from the prison. What can I do to fight this?

He asked to see a doctor because he was getting bruises and they didn't believe him they said he got into a fight so they put him in the hole. They saw it was getting worse so they sent him to the hospital where we found out he had leukemia . They released him off charges quick because they knew it was their fault. My brother lasted only one week , he could've survived if they would of took him on time. His friend who was locked up with him i willing to testify .Before my brother died he kept saying sue the prison. We have evidence which is where he wrote it cause he couldn't speak much.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Contact the Pennsylvania Civil Liberties Union and ask for the names of their "cooperating attorneys" for prison issues. It will be a tough case because you will have to show that if he'd gotten attention he would have lived.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.