Chino, CA asked in Personal Injury, Public Benefits, Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for California

Q: A security guard touched my butt.I ran to car told my husband.He socked guy in face one time.Why is my husband in jail?

This happened in Long Beach few months ago. My husband has absolutely zero criminal record he's a good guy thats clean and works. But now The DA / guard pressed charges and my husband is now serving a full year in jail. They even have him on a level 8 as if he's extremely dangerous.He's being housed with real violent criminals and has gotten stabbed couple times already. Theres many cases in LA where people have done real bodily injury and judge only gave probation. I thought that if one judge rules a certain way in a similar case then this judge should rule the same? How can I help my husband? Is there anything at all I can do now?

And what can i do about that stupid guard that touched me.Nobody seems to care about what happened to me.It doesnt feel good when someone feels up on you like that.I felt violated.I tried telling the cops but they just busy arresting my husband.We do have the video still.What can i still do about the guard touching me?

2 Lawyer Answers

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Assault and battery is a crime with a fine and/or jail as a punishment. You can sue the security guard for assault and battery as well, if you do so in a timely manner before the statute of limitations runs out. You might also have a negligent hiring/training/supervision suit against the guard's company. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Peter N. Munsing


A: Contact the womens Law Center to get the names of good attorneys for sexual harassment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.