Q: granted for answer

the case was granted for answer and the court granted the defendant with 30 days to file the answer, while arguing the case the defendant used another case that I file against another party at federal court the defendant had exact copies of the paper work file at federal court..

1-is it legal for the defendant to used another case that I file at another case against the present case?

2-when the defendant file for the answer do I file the paper works and send it back directly to them, or do I have to take it back to the court house

Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Your question makes no sense which indicates to me you should have a lawyer. Court procedure is different in each court. As to using court documents from other cases not only is it legal, it is smart.

Barry Eran Janay
Barry Eran Janay
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: This might be an issue of "forum shopping" which court's look down on.

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brooklyn, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Case documents are public documents. You may have an objection if the documents are irrelevant or unfairly prejudicial. More facts are needed to address your 2nd question. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.