Lawrenceville, GA asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia

Q: 2yrs old case. DUI. My son live in TX. Case should have been closed. He has a new court date. Don't know what to do.

Son had one drink at a restaurant. Did not even drink it all. He passed out while driving and hit two cars. No one was hurt but him. Both parties was paid good by the insurance company. He woke up handcuff to a hospital bed. He spent about 6 days in jail. Because he was driving a friends car. The cop ran the licences plate and said that my son was his friend. My Son was charged with improper lane Change. No licence. Suspended licence. Failure to show licence. Giving false information, DUI. My son don't remember any of that because he hit his head and had a concussions. The nurse did not check him out. This was two yrs ago and he got deposition papers. He paid his fees and got his licences back. He just started a new life in TX with a new Job. He don't have that kind of money to travel back and forth. Need a decent lawyer, that can represent him with payments. Can he just call the courts and work it out? It's Atlanta State courts. 1st DUI charge. Please help. Case is one month away.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kelly Case
Kelly Case
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Have your son call my office at 866-822-7352. We have many different types of payment plans, depending on the underlying test that was performed. Since you mentioned that your son was in the hospital, I am guessing that this may be a blood draw DUI. If so, then those are very complex and require expert testimony as well as a competent lawyer that has handled blood cases in the past. There are few lawyers that have the capability to effectively try and win blood cases. Your son should be researching lawyers to find one that has had success in these types of cases. But time is running out and if he waits much longer it will be difficult for him to hire the right lawyer for his case. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.