Simi Valley, CA asked in Immigration Law for Missouri

Q: How do I secure a certificate from Attorney General (Tvisa-Traffic in person), the defendant has been prosecuted.

I was granted a Tvisa on August 16, 2016 (valid up to August 15, 2020) has an option for adjustment on August 2019. It has also an option for adjustment for green card if an Attorney General can certify that the case is close. Based on information available the Trafficker has been prosecuted and pleaded guilty (2011).

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lindsay G Gray
Lindsay G Gray
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Each law enforcement agency has different policies about how to go about requesting these letters. I would recommend calling the AG's office to ask what information they would like in order to write the letter, or contacting an experienced immigration lawyer who can guide you through the process. Good luck!

Jennifer Ibanez Whitlock agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.