Tulsa, OK asked in Family Law, Adoption, Appeals / Appellate Law and Child Custody for Oklahoma

Q: I was denied to be a TFC parent & denied an OKDHS foster kinship because I work. Even with a court order. What do I?

The entire time, the worker has not allowed any form of contact between me and the child. Even though we already have a relationship and she continues to tell him I'm trying to fostadopt.

judge ordered he be moved to my home as soon as possible once my home is approved. Ever since court, my case has been combed through repeatedly

I was denied today BECAUSE I work. Even though I presented many options and I said I was willing to do whatever they wanted. I have even offered to move in a second person to watch him while I work. They are also using child welfare history against me that they really won't disclose. I have never been convicted of any child abuse. I had a difficult upbringing but that is something they can't use against me in the care of a child when I have been cleared many times and working with children in psychiatric facilities for DHS for years...

What steps would you recommend? Is there anything else I can do? I have literally done everything they've asked

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Immediately You should consult an experienced Family Law attorney for help .

It would appear that a change of DHS caseworker is in order. You should document the prejudice by this worker. Your employment is not a reason to deny when suitable care is available during your work hours.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.