Tampa, FL asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Elder Law and Probate for Michigan

Q: After dad died the ex shows up with a will leaving her everything. He made it clear he destroyed it, but here it is

He left notes all over. How she stole everything he had. That she had him sign things when he was under sedation in the hospital. That she took advantage of his illness. When she filed for PR my brother protested because she didn't name his kids, when she did she never named me. She went against every order from the judge about the estate and now the judge does nothing about it and suddenly awards her everything. My filing to demand she be removed as PR was ignored. My pleas she be forced to adhere to court order ignored. That as PR she violated every law and again ignored. What can I do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Howell, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Was the will done before or after their divorce? WERE they actually divorced?

Too many unknowns to provide much real guidance here, but you SHOULD seek a local attorney to review the paperwork and discuss the situation with you. Bring both the divorce judgement and the purported will and any other documentation concerning assets with you. And a copy of everything filed with the Probate Court

Don't delay -- every minute you dither means you will lose out. You may ALREADY be too late if the court has ruled against you but you need local legal help NOW.

-- This answer is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/client relationship.

I am licensed to practice in Michigan only. Please seek competent local legal help if you feel you need legal advice

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.