Springfield, IL asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: 23 over the speed limit, with a CDL, in a car, 1st ticket, can I get supervision or have the ticket amended

Ticket was in Williamson county il, and I am 21

Related Topics:
Lawyers: To answer this question, please Log In to your account.
2 Lawyer Answers
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Moline, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Both are possible.

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Northfield, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: The ticket needs to be amended or dismissed to keep it off of your record. Court supervision/traffic school will not prevent the ticket from appearing on your record due to your CDL. You would be encouraged to speak to a local attorney directly who can advise on your options. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.