Frisco, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: I was wondering what she can expect to happen when she gets back to Texas? Will they take her probation away, will she g

My sister pled guilty to MAN DEL CS PG 1 >=1G<4G back in September 2015. She received a Deferred Adjudication of 5 year probation. Her probation was transferred to New Mexico for her to complete. In November 2016 she got a DWI. She pled guilty in May 2017 and received another year of probation. On Monday July 3rd she went to her felony probation office and she was taken into custody because Texas had a bench warrant for her arrest. She is currently sitting in jail in New Mexico waiting for Texas to come and get her. The warrant says she has a bond of $15,000. Is she entitled to get out on bond or not? I was wondering what she can expect to happen when she gets back to Texas? Will they take her probation away, will she get jail time, will she have to complete her probation out in Texas instead of New Mexico. I was also wondering is she able to ask for a lawyer to assist her. She had a court appointed lawyer for her felony case. Would she still be allowed to use him or does she need to a

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anna Summersett
Anna Summersett
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If your sister was placed on probation for MAN DEL CS PG-1 it will be up to the complaining jurisdiction to determine if they will transfer her probation to Texas. She should not move without approval from her probation department. Hope this helps!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.