Menifee, CA asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for California

Q: I have been paying child support for 4 kids that are supposed to be living with the mother for several years

But the kids were living with some other family and child support services was aware of this without my knowledge or consent and the mother was collecting the money and kids were not getting support department of child support services said that I was to pay the mother not the kids what due I do because I was robbed of my father's rights

1 Lawyer Answer
Susan G. Cohen
Susan G. Cohen
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You may want to ask the court to Modify the Child Support Order and ask to terminate the order that requires payment of spousal support for the mother.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.