Jonesborough, TN asked in Probate for Tennessee

Q: i am the exectutor of my mothers will. is there anyway i can have my son removed from her will?

my son never comes to help, he dont call or nothing! i was my mothers sole care giver for 4 years with no help from him! when the will was made, he was put in it under the assumption he would help out. well, he has NOT! NOTHING! IT ISNT FAIR HAT HE GETS ANYTHING! by the way my mother is deceased. you would know that if you had read carefully. i guess my question should be, "can i contest the will to have him removed?

Related Topics:
Lawyers: To answer this question, please Log In to your account.
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Columbia, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Sorry, but its not YOUR will, so the decision is not up to you. If you try to convince your mom to take him out of the will or revoke his bequest, you could be asking for a lawsuit claiming you put "undue influence" on your mom. I suggest you consult an attorney and get a separate attorney for your mom.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.