Memphis, TN asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for Georgia

Q: How can I become a foreign executor of an estate in Georgia when I live in Tennessee?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ben F Meek III
Ben F Meek III
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK

A: You will need to contact a Georgia probate lawyer to begin either an original probate proceeding or an ancillary proceeding in Georgia (ancillary to a Tennessee probate case, if one has been commenced). The Georgia lawyer may be able to get you appointed, depending on your relationship to the deceased or the type of interest you have in the estate, and perhaps may serve as your local agent or representative in the probate matter. Contact an experienced Georgia probate lawyer for specific answers to your question and whether these answers apply in your circumstances. Good luck.

PS: My comments here are for general information only and are not legal advice about your specific situation, nor do they create an attorney-client relationship between us. Contact a lawyer in the appropriate state for specific answers to your questions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.