Colorado Springs, CO asked in Criminal Law and Employment Law for Colorado

Q: If a hostile work environment has not been addressed after numerous coworker complaint's. Can I receive a settlement?

Me and my fellow coworkers supervisor has been escalating insensitive, malicious actions that have only worsened. The supervisor has mocked my coworkers need for help(may), while have wide changing mood swings that can incite more aggressive vocalization, and mocking body behavior. The actions against myself include punishing me by doing more physical labor after I call off, badly worsening my medical condition. That I am still receiving treatment for, and now due to the nature of my condition I am needing to resign after a denial for a personal request on 7/26/2017. Me and my coworkers have recently started looking for evidence that my supervisor is using. He keeps a armband around one elbow at all times without a obvious medical reason. He is seen acting erratic, and I have witnessed possible dilated pupils. After numerous complaints to supervisors, including HR the issue has yet to be resolved. I think their is a possible case hear of a major hostile work environment.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Contact an employment law attorney in your area. The attorney will need to review the totality of the situation before any assessment can be made.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.