Menifee, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant, Environmental and Health Care Law for California

Q: My child is sick due to a roach infestation as a tenant I want to take legal action against landlord what are my option

We have paid ourselves several times to bomb and spray home because landlord sent out non-licensed pest guy Wich did nothing *literally* and Wich he is her "handy man" and very likely to be an illegal immigrant (I am of Latin race, not racists) and so this roach infestation has only gotten 100×worse, I can't even sleep because I'm afraid a roach my enter my 8 month old son's nose,ear,etc or even mine there EVERY WHERE even albino roaches, and so I started looking up how to get rid of them and came across an article about roach infestation and what health hazards to be considered about, and turns out that it causes asthma,bronclides,and other allergens. And Wich my son's physician just confirmed he had (asthma,bronclides) they even sent us home with a asthma steam machine,inhaler,and allergen meds. As a newly father I am upset,sad, as much as I am concerned about my son's health and well being.

1 Lawyer Answer
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez PRO label
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Berkeley, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Call an attorney that can help you with your habitability problem. You nay have a breach of the warranty of habitability. You may be able to recover damages, especially if your son has developed medical complications. Best of luck!!!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.