Huntley, IL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Illinois

Q: I moved out of state but came back. Can I move out of state if our court agreement didn't change since I've been back?

Our agreement 2 years ago was that I can move to Kentucky. (Visitation agreement, child support, pick up and drop off, etc.) I moved back to Illinois 5 months ago but want to go back to Kentucky. Can I leave even though he doesn't want me to? Is our court agreement still valid even though I am back in Illinois?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Moline, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Court agreement approved by court stands until changed by the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.