Alhambra, CA asked in Adoption and Family Law for California

Q: My aunt who raised me has been dead for 6 years, I want her to be my adopted mom can this happen?I want father removed.

Im 36 and non of my bios have raised me or even taken care of me. My bio father wants me to pay the child support he owes on me. My bio mom was very abusive and gave me to my aunt (bio fathers sister) at the age of 9. I want both of them rem9ved. Is this possible?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie Brina Waxman
Tobie Brina Waxman
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: A deceased person cannot adopt. You do not have standing to "remove" your bio parents as your legal parents.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.