Colorado Springs, CO asked in Employment Law for Colorado

Q: Constructive Discharge question

case for constructive discharge? and what outcomes with a suit of that sort

Have worked for employer 12+ years, answer directly to partners & manage 2 staff employees, exempt pay status. Recently company decided wanted to make some changes for the company. Wanted me travel to week long out of state conferences, I agreed and even traveled for one of the seminars, but due to some complicated family issues, it became clear that traveling out of state seminars would cause problems for my family. Told them that out of state travel doesn’t work for my family and was immediately met with stern comments ‘they would never think of me the same again' since wasn’t complying with changes to my position. Things have now changed with regard to how I am being treated. There's negative talk behind my back & rumors made up & spread among partners about my husband & family. They've hired someone over me and my bonus substantially reduced. Now put to exempt status and loosing pay

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Based on your facts, you likely have a case. Of course, you really need to contact an employment lawyer directly to review all the specifics of your case (this will also create a confidential and attorney-client protected conversation--which Justia's Q&A does not provide).

Some attorneys may charge for the detailed review, but it appears that you have a legitimate claim (with an actual probability of success), so you can legitimately look for lawyers that provide free consultations. Do look for a lawyer that practices in your area (if you live in the Springs this can include Denver).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.