Denver, CO asked in Car Accidents and Traffic Tickets for Colorado

Q: Looking For Advice On A Non-Contact Accident I Was In. I Also Was Driving Under A Suspended Licence.

I Was Involved In A Non- Contact Accident Involving A Mortcycle. And On Top Of That I Was Driving Under A Suspended Licence. It Was About 8:30 At Night When I Was Approaching A Roundabout Intersection And I Faild To Yield Because I Didnt See Anybody Approaching. My Windows Are A Little Tinted And It Was Dark Which Made It Harder To See The Mortcycle. At The Last Second I See The Light Of The Mortcycle And Stop, The Mortcycle Looses Control And Falls 10 Feet Away From My Car. I Belive I Cut Him Off. We Were Both Doing Low Speeds, The Mortcycle About 10 And Me About 15. So Anyways I Help The Driver Of The Mortcycle Get Up And Cops Show Up And We Exchange Info And Stuff. Im Wondering What My Best Options Would Be For This Case. I Have A Clean Record Other Then Speeding Tickets.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: It's worth your getting an attorney, because no matter how creative I or any defense counsel can be about the accident, you were in the seat when you had a suspension. This generally --even without crashes--suggests to the judge that he needs to use a 2x4 to get the point across. So you are looking at additional suspension, possible revocation and other not good things.

So find an attorney who handles violations in the court your ticket is headed to. Plead not guilty for now, but it will take creative plea bargaining by the attorney to get you out of suspension. Help him and save some of his time that you'll otherwise pay for by getting a complete license history from DMV. Yes, you think you know your license history. But he needs it so get it now.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.