Q: Can I sue my cousine she sent me insulting message on Facebook where she accuse me of thievery without proof?

I am not a thief and can I show police text she acuse me and insulting my honor telling everyone that I am thief without proof?

Thanks in advance by Alexa

1 Lawyer Answer

A: You can sue her but you will have to hire someone to pay her and it will cost money. I suggest you resolve this if possible through your and her family because the problem is most likely someone forgetting that facebook is public and trying to be spiteful without getting the public fallout.

You can ask an attorney to send a "cease and desist" letter to her and facebook. You will have to pay for that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.