Norwalk, CA asked in Probate for Colorado

Q: how do I answer question 10 On form JDF 910 in probate if I was nominated by my stepsister and it was my fathers will

And she renounced her appointment as executor

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Canty
Timothy Canty
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Evergreen, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You have a statutory priority as a child of the decedent and should check that box. Your step sister has a prior right because she was nominated in the will, but she has renounced it. It's a good idea have her complete Form JDF 912 (renunciation) and file it with your application.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.