Austin, AR asked in Probate for Arkansas

Q: my mother died in may she had no will i want to know what to do to get her home and car and land in my name

my mother died in may she owned a house and some land in ulm ar prairie county, but the home she owned her sister lives in and the truck my mother owned her sister has, The house my mother lived in is in her sister name and the car my mother drove is in her sister name my mother's home and truck are paid for , the home and car my mother lived in and drove are not paid for i am living in the home and driving the car in her sister name and paying for them i want to get the house and land in my name since i am my mothers heir

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Don Spears
Don Spears
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Benton, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: You should see an attorney right away to first find out if the value of your mother's estate is such that an Affidavit for Collection of Small Estate could be filed instead of a full probate matter. Once that is determined, the attorney can assist you in filing the correct documents. If you are an only child, it should be a rather simple matter whichever route you go.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.