Traverse City, MI asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Michigan

Q: If the judge that took my children was made to retire because of what he did. Shouldn't it be null and void!!

Shouldn't they have to redo all of the cases that were during that time? I also have where my ex stood up in court and plead guilty for abusing me and stood up in court and said that everyone that called I me lied. He through him self under the bus and explains everything in the letters. Than I have everything to prove cps and cmh make the rest up. I was Slandered terribly!!! Please help. I even have where a doctor tried to kill me. Plus, my lawyer who was appointed to me made me sit there while he just sat there and smiled why everyone on the stand lied. I was not able to have anyone on the stand and was not able to have affivavits. Nothing. There is so so much more throwing everyone under the bus. Even caught the cps worker luring on tape. I played it for her and she freaked out saying she was going to lose her job. My son told me the new parents drink and my daughter was drinking the left overs. It was at child and family services and the people behind the mirror didn't do anything

1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: The answer to your title question is no. Cases are not reheard whenever a judge retires. You have (or had) an opportunity to appeal; that is the appropriate way to address your issues.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.