Hugo, MN asked in Personal Injury for Minnesota

Q: I was injured by a stranger who started a fight with someone else I don't know, they collided into me...

I was outside of a bar with a group of people, and a man came out quickly from inside the bar straight up to some other guy who was near our group. He instigated a fight, and they ended up accidentally slamming me into the ground and I had injuries as a result. I went to the Doctor to get checked and had to miss work for two days. Nobody called the cops that night but I filed a report the next day, I found out their names and stated them. Even if they don't get charged with anything against me, can I still file something to sue/whatever to get my med bills and lost wages paid from them? There were five other witnesses who saw this whole event and can testify to it...

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Theoretically, yes. Will it be a big enough case for a lawyer to take on? Maybe.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.