Oxford, AL asked in Family Law and Small Claims for Alabama

Q: I loaned my sister money a few months ago and she refuses to pay me back. Should I seek legal counsel and sue?

I loaned her $120 and she also has property of mine that estimates around $150 that she refuses to return to me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You would spend a lot more than $120 trying to sue your sister. Do you have a note payable to you signed by her? You might just let this be a lesson to you. If you want, you can sue her in small claims Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.