Bronx, NY asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Car Accidents for New York

Q: What should I do?

I happened to cross a yellow traffic light going straight in an intersection where the car I collided with drove thru a red traffic light and even if it was green he didn’t attempt to stop where he was going 40 to 50 mph in a 25 mph zone

as I was watching the footage I came to see that they swapped the driver that collided with my car and exchange him with someone else.

and the police were on their side because they know them.

As of the accident report the cops put me at fault.

However, the insurance company don’t want pay for my car damage.

I have clear footage of the whole accident.

What’s your advice.

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael H. Joseph
Michael H. Joseph
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • White Plains, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Burn a copy of the footage. Send it to the insurance company. If they don’t pay, sue them. Then forward a complaint to IAD that the cops falsified the report

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.