Jacksonville, FL asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Libel & Slander and Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: How can I sue a rental company for breach of contract, knowingly renting a home with prior damages to the home and mold.

The company has lied and forced me to move out due to damages to the home and now billing me for these damages. The roof to the home and damaged structure caused the damages that they are billing me for and have since painted and shampooed the carpets to cover up the damages. The property is back on the market within 30 days and neighbors states this has occurred to at least 2-3 other families. I would like to retrieve all of my rent paid due to their breach in contract for maintenance repairs and non livable conditions.

1 Lawyer Answer
Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson
  • Santa Rosa Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: This is not a situation for self help. You need to hire an attorney from your area to thoroughly review this matter and develope a legal strategy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.