Murfreesboro, TN asked in Employment Law and Products Liability for Tennessee

Q: Is it legal for my employer to make me sign liability before returning to work after accident not work related at all

I was in a car accident on my way to work in my personal vehicle so it has nothing to do with work my employer now is saying after the Dr releases me to go back to work that I have to sign a liability waiver saying they are not responsible for any injuries should they occur on the job

Robert D. Kreisman
Robert D. Kreisman
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL

A: It's not illegal to ask you to sign a waiver, but before you do so, I would urge you to consult with a local attorney well-versed in workers' compensation law.