Saint Paul, MN asked in Employment Law for Minnesota

Q: Can I sue my employer for money they borrowed from me plus interest

They used my personal Credit card for a company purchase without my permission. When I found out I sent an email that stated terms At 25% daily interest rate compounded daily, the owner responded to this email agreeing to the terms. We then had a meeting and agreed that they would pay the minimum payment each month until they had the money to pay the balance off, they were going to type up this agreement but never did. They did not pay the minimum payment when it was due, so I sent them a email stating the because they did not make the payment they had 1 week to pay the amount in full, or I would consider the first agreement valid and payable. The original amount was $3400.00 barrowed on 10/16 that makes the balance over 3 million dollars

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Will a court award you $3 million? Absolutely not. Instead, you should seek remedy in conciliation court.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.