Miami, FL asked in Libel & Slander, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Florida

Q: how can i sue a healthcare worker for suggesting without any reasonable base that my son has autism.

She is a total stranger, and so it's normal that a 25 month old would not want to cooperate with her. We had to see the speech therapist for my son so that the school would decide whether to take him in to the school. Right as we started the session she asked him to identify objects and assemble pyramid but he did not want to say anything and was ignoring her but in five minutes of me talking to him he started doing everything what she asked him to. I told her that my son can even read but she did not care for it and wrote down in her evaluation that he did not do anything.

I am so angry and wish I could affect her practice in some way as I heard from other friends that she did something similar to their kids. We think she gets money from the referrals to the psychologist. This is all so disgusting. Please help, and thank you!

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You do not have a case. You agreed that the professional would evaluate your son. She merely reported her opinion.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.