Tunkhannock, PA asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: How can I obtain the address of my newborns father so he can sign off his rights

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lisa Marie Vari
Lisa Marie Vari
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: It is not uncommon that one party is not sure of the other party's address at the start of litigation. Unfortunately it is on you to find him; assuming you do not have his phone number, try reaching out to him through social media, email etc.

It is possible to obtain permission from the court to serve him by publication, and/or ask the court to terminate his rights involuntarily. Just know that neither of these requests are taken lightly by the court and will require substantial proof of unsuccessful efforts to locate him.

Please feel free to read my blog on terminating parental rights in PA for more information.


Lisa Marie Vari, Esquire


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.