Las Vegas, NV asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: If judge order my daughter to stay in Pennsylvania. But, her father is now in jail on drugs charges. Can I go to

Pennsylvania and get my daughter. Father has been sentenced and my daughter is living with his girlfriend. What are my rights

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lisa Marie Vari
Lisa Marie Vari
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Your problem involves a potential relocation case if you wish to move the child from their current home to another state or sometimes even just to another county in Pennsylvania if the move could substantially interfere with the other parent's custody rights. Before you move your daughter, you must follow the PA custody laws and provide him with written notice of your intended move. If he objects to the move, you would need court permission to relocate. Please take this very seriously as moving without complying with the notice provisions could result in you being forced to return the children to Pennsylvania or even worse losing custody of them.

Please feel free to visit my website to learn general information about PA Custody Laws and requests for relocation.

Lisa Marie Vari, Esquire

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.