Lawton, OK asked in Car Accidents for Oklahoma

Q: What are my options?

In April of last year I was driving a rental Ford F250. I drove it to my doctor appointment. At the parking facility the truck met the height clearance so I proceeded into the garage. In the garage as I looked for a parking spot I heard a scraping noise. I assumed that it was cars at the level above. Once I found a parking spot I looked at the roof of the truck & saw scrape marks from the ceiling of that parking facility. Once I got home I told the rental company and they said that they would run a case in order to seek payment for the repairs from that OU medical facility. Long story short, the facility said that they disagree and refuse to pay making the case fall back on me. My question is what can I do in order to get the company at fault to pay what they owe for the repairs? How can I go about it? At one point they were reluctant to give information to me due to the fact that I was only the renter of the truck.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Take photos of height of the truck. Take photos of height specified at garage. Send estimates and demand for payment to insurance company of garage. They don't pay, file complaint with the insurance commissioner of OK &/or the state AG office of consumer protection. That does no good file in small claims.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.