Arvada, CO asked in Domestic Violence for Colorado

Q: Can I get a restraining order filed against my ex? And how do I start the process?

It's been over a month since I left my ex boyfriend of 2 years. We we're living together and I moved out, staying on my friends couch for now. After several times of telling him to leave me alone, he persists. I have blocked him on everything - my phone, email, social media. For him to create a new email to send me threatening messages until I block that one. He has showed up at my door unannounced, threatening my life and the lives of those I care about. Saying he will "murder" my "new boyfriend." He will "ruin" my life by sending coworkers and family lewd pictures he has of me, etc. One day when I refused to answer the door, he left a note on card board saying he would be back every few hours until I talked to him, threatening to physically harm "whoever I'm sleeping with." Everytime he manages to get a hold of me, I reply with "please leave me alone," "don't contact me again or I will get the police involved," etc - If respond at all. I saved most threatening messages.