Tuscaloosa, AL asked in Child Support and Family Law for Alabama

Q: What forms do you need to fill out to request dismissal of petition to modify child support for additional money?

Trying to avoid court and would like to just submit forms showing no employment so no increase in child support should even be considered.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Mr. James Parrish Coleman


A: If you filed the Petition you can dismiss it. Otherwise, you have to answer and go to Court. Your question is not clear on what your involvement is. Just because you are unemployed does not mean you don't have to pay support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.