Birmingham, AL asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Alabama

Q: I have been charged with dv 3 by my children father but we both had injures but they said his injuries were worse.

We both have a pfa in order & we have 2 small daughters ages 2 & 1. How can I get full custody of my daughters?

1 Lawyer Answer

A: The State of Alabama has charged you with DV 3rd. not your husband. You need to get some legal advice right now. If you are convicted of DV3 a presumption will be raised that you are not a fit person to have custody of children. Who bloodied who worse is a police matter. You better concentrate on defending against this serious charge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.