Ladson, SC asked in Employment Law for South Carolina

Q: I only got one week of pay when I should have gotten two weeks of pay from my past company. Do i have any recourse here?

I was paid bi-weekly. I was let go at the end of a pay period in which I worked both weeks of that pay period. When I got my last check from the company, it was only for one week. I called and talk to HR and they told me that the dates that are printed on my pay stub are not correct. They said that salary employees are paid in real time. up to the actual date of the check issued.

This was never explained to me when I took my position.

I have always been under the impression that I was paid by the dates on the pay stubs.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jeremy R. Summerlin
Jeremy R. Summerlin
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: If you have not been paid for all hours that you worked, then you can contact the SC Labor, Licensing and Regulation to file a complaint. You can also bring a lawsuit in small claims court (magistrate's court) for the unpaid wages.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.