Brandon, FL asked in Child Custody for Florida

Q: I live in Florida and I filed for divorce in 9/2017 the divorce was granted. Ex husband didn't show for anything.

I had him serve by publication. My question is I was granted sole timesharing and father has no visitation. The judge stated if father wants visitation will have to motion the court. He ask to see our daughter September 21st and that's was the last time I seen her. I know she's still in Hillsborough County fl. Where I live but the family is helping him to hide her. What can I do to locate my daughter because he no longer has custody? I don't know if there is a motion I can file? I'm pretty much lost with this situation. **I adopted her 1/11/17**** Thank you for any advice

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Ask the police to search for and arrest him. Hiding a child from the other parent is a crime.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.