Bend, OR asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Oregon

Q: I complained about being sexually harassed @ work and was taken off the schedule indefinitely. Do I have a case?

I complained to HR about the head manager/boss' son getting drunk on the clock and sexually harassing me at work and was told it would be taken care of. I was then told that since nothing could be proven they weren't going to do anything about it and said they were taking me off the schedule until they could "figure out a solution" and fix the schedule so we wouldn't have to work together. It has now been over a week I have been without work and I have been told I am not being paid for this forced time off. I have also inquired about paychecks owed to me and am getting no answer. I can also say that I am not the only girl to be harassed by this individual. Another girl complained about being harassed when I did but she feels she has no rights because the incident happened outside of work, so since then she has been quiet and complacent and has been allowed to keep her hours, and there are others as well. I feel like I'm being punished for bringing this issue to light. Do I have a case?

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
  • Hillsboro, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: It does sound like you would have a case for the sexual harassment, and potentially other claims. Find an employment law attorney near you to discuss.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.