Atoka, TN asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Traffic Tickets for Arkansas

Q: Is unsafe driving in AR Is this a misdemeanor? Will I lose my license? I have had a clean record before this.

I have never been in trouble with the law before. The officer told me to just pay my fine and see afterwards if i could get it of my record. He marked it as a traffic offense but not a criminal offense. I am worried because I don't want to lose my job, license or anything. Can someone please help me? This occured in Arkansas.

1 Lawyer Answer
James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Conway, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: It's only a traffic offense. You will not lose your job or license. Go to court and ask the prosecutor to keep this off your record. If it is clean, you might have to pay a few bucks more on the fine but should be able to keep it off your record.

If the Court denies your request to keep it off your record, then wait six months and file a motion to seal. You can get this from the clerk at the court usually. Quite often, the Court will sign your order and then make sure it gets sent to ACIC. Ask the Clerk if she will send it for you. Be sure and check with ACIC after a couple weeks. Sometimes the Clerks or ACIC will forget to actually "seal" the record.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.