Denver, CO asked in Criminal Law and Employment Law for Colorado

Q: Being accused of offering drugs to coworkers

Last week a manager at my job went to our area supervisor and told him that she overheard me asking employees if they do drugs and I could get them whatever they wanted. This never happened. She is now telling my supervisor that he needs to call the police and she will if he doesn't. I honestly think she is intimidated by me and is trying to get me out of the store but I don't understand why she's attempting to take it this far. I never did or said anything like that. She also has 2 employees writing statements saying that I offered them drugs. My question is, if she calls the police can I be arrested for her accusation or would they dismiss it as a he said-she said type of situation? What would happen if she calls the police and what should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristina M. Bergsten
Kristina M. Bergsten
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Denver, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: If she calls the police, the police might investigate it, either by talking to the two employees or by contacting you for questioning. If they do contact you, you do not have to speak to the police. It would be best if you got an attorney before talking to the police. Whether or not charges are pressed will depend on their investigation. If the police do not think there is enough evidence to turn over to the DA's office for prosecution, they might simply take the complaint and do nothing further; if they think there is enough evidence you will likely receive a summons to appear in court and answer the charges.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.