Cumming, GA asked in Child Custody for Georgia

Q: i have joint custody with my ex husband. He moved out of state without notice with me or the courts.

Can I get sole custody since he left?

• Divorce Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: That question can't be answered with so little information and without reviewing the documents in the case. You should contact an experienced family law attorney to review your documents and give you advice.

________________________________________________________________________

Regina I. Edwards is the Owner of Edwards Family Law.

Ms. Edwards has been practicing law since 2001. She has been voted by her peers a Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star in Family Law for 2018.

www.EdwardsDivorceLaw.com

404.238.7808

P. Justin Thrailkill agrees with this answer

• Divorce Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: There is no way to tell based on the information given. You need to talk to an attorney about your particular case.