Decatur, GA asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Georgia

Q: Can she do that? What can he do to stop that? Can he get custody on child support hearing or at least try?

My boyfriend is soon going to court for child support with his ex. She has withhold him from seeing his child for months and recently texted him because she needed something. Now he sees his child whenever she wants to let him see the child at a police station because she says her parole officer recommended her to do that. But does not let him take him anywhere. Also what does he needs to bring for court?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Regina Irene Edwards

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: He needs to get an attorney. Yes, she is going to get child support. He needs to bring proof of income. If there is no legitimation order, he cannot ask for custody at this point. He needs to file for legitimation to get custody rights.

P. Justin Thrailkill

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: He needs to hire an attorney to file to legitimate his child in order to establish his custody rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.