Blytheville, AR asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Arkansas

Q: I been trying to see my daughter and take care of her but her mother won’t let me since I’ve moved on with my life

And gotten married my daughter turned a year in March and I couldn’t see her or talk to her because of her mother I have messages in my phone that she sent saying my daughter won’t be in my life anymore now she sent child support papers in the mail but won’t give me a chance to see it take care of my daughter what I’m I to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stewart Whaley
Stewart Whaley
  • North Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: If paternity has been established (if not, it will be by the time you are paying child support) you can petition the court for visitation. You'll need to prove several factors, including: you are a fit parent, can care for and nurture the child, provide financial support, etc.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.