Troy, NY asked in Child Custody for New York

Q: i was denied emergency custody of my daughter and she is in immediate danger. What should I do right now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Aubrey Claudius Galloway
Aubrey Claudius Galloway
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Scarsdale, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Immediately call child protective services. They have to, by law, send two agents over today to ensure that your daughter is safe. Then I would file for custody in family court in for an injunction protecting your daughter. I offer a free phone consultation and handle these cases routinely. If you would like to talk please feel free to call me at 914-912-1555. I have a three-year-old son so I know how you feel; I will be happy to help.

Best. Aubrey

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.