Rancho Cordova, CA asked in Traffic Tickets for California

Q: Traffic tickets under my name when I never visited Virginia. I live in california not sure how to get this resolved..

The name of the person who actually received these tickets, paid the fine in full. This person shares a same name, same birth month and same birth date except the birth year with me. Various Virginia Courts are saying they don't have those tickets under my name since the full DOB does not match.. DMV in Virginia says they cant't find any record under my name.. DMV in California is asking me to go to DMV in Virginia to get it resolved. Any advice ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andy Chen
Andy Chen
  • Modesto, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The easiest -- although likely not cheapest --- option is to hire a lawyer in Virginia who deals with traffic tickets, DMV stuff, etc. DMV stuff in California can get hugely involved. I have never checked, but would assume it is the same in Virginia.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.